Monday, March 5, 2012

Stats By Any Other Name Week 2

I'm not bad at math, I've actually always done pretty well. This class however, has been a struggle. It's not that the work is overly difficult, or the amount overwhelming. I find myself having a hard time with definitions. Words that I have used often with a fair amount of certainty as to their meanings, no longer have the same definitions. Take for instance the word "sample", I had no idea there were so many different types of samplesm and the word "statistic" more often I have actually meant "parameter" when I used this word. Once I can wrap my mind around the definitions, the actual math hasn't been that hard. Having said that, it still has to be my least favorite subject so far. I still think that's why they tried to disguise the name by calling it "Decision Making Using Data Collection & Analysis" and hoping that none of us would notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment