Wednesday, November 9, 2011

PREZI!!!

I love Prezi. I have used it for a number of presentations and I think it is fantastic. It can have a tendency to have too much movement, and make the audience sick, until the creator gets used to using it more effectively. I feel that I use more of the principles of Presentation Zen when I use Prezi. I am less likely to resort to bullet points or writing out my whole presentation. It forces you to really focus on the important points and highlight them by literally zooming in on them. You need to be more organized and have a more well thought out "story" to use Prezi effectively. I think my audiences, mostly students, think it's pretty cool too.

2 comments:

  1. I wouldn't say I love Prezi just yet but it is certainly growing on me. I think it a great alternative to doing PowerPoint type presentations. I started being a believer once I saw some examples of good Prezi presentations from the various sources given to us. While I think it is easy to use, I don't know if it is something that I would just introduce to my staff and let them run with it. I would want to show them some of the strategies of well designed Prezis before letting them loose. Same goes for my students because I've seen a decent amount of Prezis that have too much movement like you hinted at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prezi is great.....except when it isn't working! I find it to be a great tool, but YouTube streaming, uploading graphics, and formatting have really held up my students in their own presentations of this product. While some districts have nearly unlimited bandwidth, ours does not have the capability to stream video or upload at fast speeds, making it frustrating for kids to use at school. I could say even worse of Google Docs Presentation, but I guess we have to remind ourselves these are still "beta" tools....along with them being free.

    Glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete