Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Pecha Kucha

When I started writing my post for this week - I realized that I had missed mine for last week. So....I have to say that thus far, this is my favorite class. I think that the ideas and sites are the most applicable to what I do everyday and I can easily see how they could be used with my students. I love Animoto. I have used it a number of times before, and I have had my students use it on a number of occasions. I like that it is easy to use and still gives you a very professional looking product. The one thing that I'm a little hesitant about is the Pecha Kucha. A first you think that 20 seconds isn't that long for a slide, but you don't really look at one image for that long in most presentations. I tend to do a lot of mini-lessons in my job and don't usually talk for close to 7 minutes straight. I'll have to see how this works as I get started on my storyboard.

1 comment:

  1. After using Animoto for the first time, I liked how easy it was to create something. I think it could be used with students for first efforts at a multi-media presentation. I also like how you are limited in the amount of text you can enter. This makes you get straight to the point. After students have used Animoto then they could graduate to some other tools or graphic styles/design to make more involved presentations.

    ReplyDelete