Monday, October 17, 2011

Digital Storytelling

I am really looking forward to this class. I think that I'm in for a lot of work, but the content seems interesting. These are skills that everyone needs to improve on, and if I can make my presentations more effective and entertaining, I will be able to make a larger impact on my school community.

I am also a little worried about this class. Typically, creativity is not one of my strong suits. I have never enjoyed creative writing and I am artistically challenged. (My stick figure don't even look like stick figures) Hopefully I can learn some skills and tools that will help my struggling right brain. I have used some tools, like photostory and microsoft movie maker to make "book trailers" and as an assessment tool for a health class project. (The students create a photo story as their final presentation for a unit on diseases - some of these were very personal and powerful)

I am actually currently seeking an alternative to Photostory. Our district upgraded to Windows 7 over the summer, and chose not to purchase the compatible upgrade to photostory. Therefore we need to come up with something else for the health classes to use before these projects begin again in January.

2 comments:

  1. I'll have to check out Photostory - I'm not familiar with that one. Using Movie Maker to make Book Trailers is such a cool idea - I'll make sure I give you recognition in the credits after I steal it, haha. I wouldn't say that I am necessarily artistically challenged as you described yourself but I often struggle to come up with good original ideas of my own. I am hoping to discover some multimedia resources from this class to act as a springboard into ideas I can use for projects and classroom use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have some of the same troubles with being artistic and creative. This class seems the most interesting to me that we have had so far and I'm definitely looking forward to it. Hopefully in some of our group work we can support each other on the creative side of our projects.

    ReplyDelete