Monday, October 3, 2011

Comparison of On-line Mapping Tools

I have used a number of these on-line mapping tools before. I love Webspiration, it is easy to use and they have great graphics. However, it is too expensive for large-scale use. Bubbl.us is a good simple tool that is really easy to use, and free! If you have younger children, or are just looking for a very basic mind-map, this is a great site to use. I am afraid that our older students are often looking for things with more bells and whistles. Some of the other sites could be used as presentation tools as well (once you add pictures and other content), but this one is too basic for that use. I have used Mind Meister myself for other classes and found it to be easy to use, however students need to have an e-mail address in order to sign-up. This is a big issue for our district. We have talked about setting up Gaggle accounts for our students in the future, but as of yet that is not the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment